Sunday, October 10, 2010

DO YOU EVER CHEAT??



You know, some folks might think that just because I'm a fitness "freak"...that I never cheat!
Well they are WRONG! :)  I totally believe in cheating! (no, not on our spouses silly!) I'm talking about cheating on your "meal plan".  Notice first, I did NOT call it a diet...That word in my eyes,is a 4 letter word.  I believe we should all have a "cheat meal" once a week. Now pay attention...I did NOT say a "cheat day"...because then it will turn into a "cheat week"..a "cheat month"....you get the picture.


This week, my "cheat meal" was a dinner at a favorite restaurant called, Cook's Lobster House. I had a pan fried fresh Haddock sandwich..and the best (non-mayo) coleslaw in the world! (no fries)...and yes, a small dessert of a key lime "parfait"...but it wasn't really a parfait, because there was no layers, no ice cream..and the dish was only 3 inches tall..but by gum it was delicious! :)  The plan? Well, tomorrow I just get back on my plan, along with my workout (in the next 80 days this will be my 2nd round of ChaLean Extreme).


I want you all to understand, that if you enjoy food as much as I do...it's necessary to have this "cheat meal".  It keeps things exciting...it reminds me that food can be fun and "naughty" sometimes...just don't ever look at it as a REWARD....FOOD IS NOT A REWARD, it's a gift, a necessity, a blessing, a pleasure...but never...never a reward.
So plan out the "cheat meal", enjoy it, savor it...then move on...just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment